Home Remedies For Puffy Eyes
Many people are searching for natural remedies for puffy eyes and dark circles. Nobody really likes to have those dark circles under their eyes. These hideous circles make you look stale, unattractive and fatigued.
Puffy eyes or dark circles under your eyes occur when your eyes swell for various reasons.
These include excessive crying, dermatitis, excessive physical stress and hormonal changes in the body.
Although there are very many skincare companies that provide instant cures for dark circles and puffy eyes, most of the products contains harmful synthetic chemicals such as acrylamide, alcohols, and mineral oils. These products are dangerous on your skin and bring adverse effects especially if you apply them around your eyes.
9 Natural Remedies for Puffy Eyes and Dark Circles
A product like acrylamide is irritating to the eye and skin while alcohols will dry out and irritate the skin. Products that contain mineral oils should also be avoided as they will clog the skin pores and prevent your skin from eliminating the toxins.
Instead of using these products, we have prepared a list of natural remedies for puffy eyes and dark circles. These solutions comprise of 100 percent natural products, which are readily available.
Unbelievably, drinking enough water is one of the simplest ways to get rid of dark circles under your eyes. Water helps your body to remain well hydrated, reducing the chances of water retention that make you have puffy eyes. To ensure that your body is well hydrated ensure you drink 8-10 glasses of water every day. It is also important to reduce the intake of salt to reduce water retention in the body.
Remember, water also helps in flushing the body toxins making you have a youthful and gorgeous skin. In addition, reduce the intake of carbonated and caffeinated beverages as they have a dehydrating effect on our bodies.
2. Egg Whites
Egg whites have skin tightening properties that aids in getting rid of the under eye redness and irritation. They also help in getting rid of the wrinkles. Using this home remedy is very simple. Just follow the following procedure.
- Take two eggs and separate the yolks from them. Put the egg whites in a large bowl
- Use a whisk and whip the egg white thoroughly until you have an excellent consistency
- You can add a few drops of a natural skin-tightening astringent such as witch hazel
- Use a clean makeup brush and apply this mixture under your eyes
- Allow it to dry and settle for about 10-15 minutes
- Repeat this procedure every day for about a week
3. Cool cucumbers
Cucumbers are also useful home remedies for puffy eyes. Cucumbers contain flavonoids and antioxidants that help in reducing redness, irritation, and swelling. The cucumbers bring you an efficient remedy for your puffy eyes within a very short duration. Using it is very simple.
- Select a cool cucumber and slice a thin slice( approximately half an inch).
- Place this fresh slice on your eyes and rest for about thirty minutes.
- After this, your eyes will feel nice and refreshed
4. Tea bags
Tea bags, regardless of whether containing black or green tea are effective home remedies that help in soothing irritated and puffy eyes. Tea contains anti-irritant properties that will reduce the swelling around your eyes. The tea bags also help in relieving inflammation and redness. Here is a procedure of using the tea bags;
- Place two tea bags in your refrigerator for about thirty minutes
- Lie down on a flat surface and place them over the eyelids
- Rest for about 10-15 minutes
- Repeat this at least twice a day
This procedure will help your eyes to remain refreshed all day.
5. Chamomile tea
This is another impressive home remedy for puffy eyes. Chamomile tea does not contain caffeine and contains anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory properties that are excellent in refreshing the skin under your eye. Besides treating the puffy eyes this product is also used in treating maladies all over the body as well as reducing the skin redness. This product is also effective for red eye and conjunctivitis.
6. Homemade Rose Water
Rosewater contains both vitamin A and C. It also contains flavonoids that assist to reduce swelling of the skin. In addition, Rosewater is a natural astringent that has anti-inflammatory properties that rejuvenate and leaves a refreshing effect under your eyes. To prepare this home remedy use this procedure
- Take a few rose petals, put them in a bowl and start simmering
- Pour enough water to distil them
- After the petals have lost their colors, strain the liquid and let it cool
- Put this mixture in a bottle
- Take a small cotton ball or soft cloth and saturate it with the rosewater
- Dab under your eyes
This procedure will help in reducing the dark circles and bringing a refreshing effect to your skin.
7. Cold Spoons
This is a simple home remedy that is very effective. This treatment helps in tightening the skin around the eyes and assist in relaxing the blood vessels. This offers quick relief to puffy or tired eyes. Here is the procedure:
- Chill six metal spoons in your refrigerator for about fifteen minutes
- Place and hold the rounded portion of your the cold spoon on your eyes for some time until it becomes warm
- Replace it with another cold one from the refrigerator
- Ensure you cover both eyes; each eye uses three spoons
Potatoes are also effective in helping you to get rid of the puffy eyes. Potatoes contain starch which has anti-inflammatory properties that are great in reducing the under eye bag. They are also goof in reducing the dark circles under your eyes. Here is the procedure;
- Peel, wash and dry one large potato
- Use your grater to grate the potato and put the shavings in a clean cloth
- Tie the cloth and place it over your eyelids for several minutes
- Repeat this procedure several times until the inflammation subsides
It may sound surprising, but milk is also effective in getting rid of puffy eyes and dark skin under the eye. You can use the whole milk or soy-milk. To use it, dip a cotton ball into the cold milk and ensure it is well soaked. Squeeze the excess so that it does not wet your clothes. Place this ball on your eyelids. This will help to shrink the under eye tissue and bring a refreshing feeling to your eyes.
So there you have it. These simple yet effective home remedies will help you to get rid of the puffy eyes within a short duration. All these resources are easily available in your home or the nearest grocery store. They are all natural and do not contain harmful chemicals that may affect your eyes. Use them today and bring that refreshing feeling to your eyes. Good Luck!
Medical Disclaimer: This site is for informational purposes only and Is not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment..